Internship – Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions
(location: Oegstgeest and/or Homeoffice, start date flexible)
re you seeking an opportunity to put your financial and analytical skills into practice? Would you like to get exposure to the job of a Strategy and M&A Analyst working in a global manufacturing company?
Avery Dennison Corporation is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries.
We are currently looking for an Intern to support our Strategy and M&A team! In this role, you will not only have the opportunity to gain a deeper insight into the operations of a corporate strategy and M&A team, but also into strategic and M&A projects and how our cross-functional divisional teams collaborate within those projects.
What we can offer you!
Being part of this international team, you will be involved in providing analytical support with valuation and market analysis for projects across various business units of the company. Key responsibilities will include:
- Gather and synthesize financial and operating information about companies, industries and segments of the market (tools used: Internet, MS Excel)
- Create and update financial models (tools used: MS Excel, Google Sheets)
- Draft presentations for a wider audience within the company (MS Power Point, Google Slides)
- Do you feel comfortable with presenting to other people in the team? You can take the chance to deliver parts of presentations during our team discussions yourself! (optional task)
The ideal candidate is available for 3-5 days a week for a duration of at least 5 months. The internship start date as well as the work location is highly flexible. The internship can be done fully remotely, in our European Headquarters in Oegstgeest (open office environment) or as a combination of both. You can look forward to a team-oriented and highly international environment, in which you get responsibility and the possibility to test your talents combined with specific training offerings to support your development.
What we expect from you!
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated to use their analytical skills in business setting and who:
- Are currently following a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Engineering
- Have an Explorer / Self-starter mindset with a desire to get things done and very strong analytical skills
- Are proficient users of Excel (running & creating functions, pivot tables, charts).
- Have a good level of English
We surely encourage people with disabilities to apply!
Important: Only applications in English will be considered! Applicants need to be registered as students at a university for the whole duration of the internship.
Interested in joining our team?
Apply now by sending your application to email@example.com! Please do also not hesitate to turn to this email address with any questions linked to this internship opportunity and/or the company!
When you apply it will be verry usefull to say you have a disability.